Overview of Social Security Programs
The Social Security Handbook: Overview of Social Security Programs, 2014 provides information about Social Security programs and services, and identifies rights and obligations under the Social Security laws. The handbook also contains information about related programs administered by agencies other than the Social Security Administration.
The completely updated handbook, organized by section number, is a readable, easy-to-understand reference for comprehending complex Social Security programs and services and contains information on several topics relevant to Social Security policies:
• How Social Security programs are administered
• Who is and isn't covered under retirement, survivors, disability, and hospital insurance programs
• Who is responsible for submitting the necessary evidence to support a claim
• How claims are processed by the Social Security office
• What Social Security benefits are owed to you
• How to...